Information for Graduate Students
Our department provides opportunities for graduate study with world-leading researchers in many areas of physics. Our 18 faculty members at Guelph include many prize winning and internationally renowned scientists and educators, and provide a stimulating environment for advanced learning. Most of our faculty are very research intensive, and our research has been well funded with over $7M annually in recent years.
We have a current graduate enrollment of about 40 students, with the goal of increasing this number over the next several years. Our graduate programmes are administered through the Guelph-Waterloo Physics Institute (GWPI) and the Biophysics Interdepartmental Group (BIG), with graduate courses taught by instructors from both Guelph and Waterloo campuses. We can thus offer a large number of specialized courses in addition to the one-on-one interaction with the supervisor.
Whether you are a current Guelph student, from another Canadian University, or International student, we are actively seeking enthusiastic and well-motivated graduate students in all areas. You are strongly encouraged to contact faculty directly to inquire about specific research projects and opportunities for further study.
Physics Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
Joint Health & Safety Committee
Phone: 519-824-4120 Ext. 52165
Guelph-Waterloo Physics Institute (GWPI)
- Program Information
- Course Schedule
- How to Apply
- Policies and Procedures (The Red Book)
- Forms (for GWPI students, advisors, and supervisors)
Biophysics Interdepartmental Group (BIG)
- Contact Information for Physics Department Office Personnel
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Graduate Teaching Assistant Job Postings
- Graduate Program Services
- Tuition Fees
- CUPE 3913
- Most City of Guelph information can be found at www.city.guelph.on.ca or by contacting City Hall, 59 Carden Street, Guelph Ont, N1H 3A1
Telephone (519) 822-1260
- Guelph Bus Services
- International Students - study permit renewals
- International Students - student work permits
- International Postdoctoral Fellows - work permits
- SIN Contract Letter
- Where do I get a Social Insurance Number?