Information for Graduate Students
Our department provides opportunities for graduate study with world-leading researchers in many areas of physics. Our 18 faculty members at Guelph include many prize winning and internationally renowned scientists and educators, and provide a stimulating environment for advanced learning. Most of our faculty are very research intensive, and our research has been well funded with over $7M annually in recent years.
We have a current graduate enrollment of about 40 students, with the goal of increasing this number over the next several years. Our graduate programmes are administered through the Guelph-Waterloo Physics Institute (GWPI) and the Biophysics Interdepartmental Group (BIG), with graduate courses taught by instructors from both Guelph and Waterloo campuses. We can thus offer a large number of specialized courses in addition to the one-on-one interaction with the supervisor.
Whether you are a current Guelph student, from another Canadian University, or International student, we are actively seeking enthusiastic and well-motivated graduate students in all areas. You are strongly encouraged to contact faculty directly to inquire about specific research projects and opportunities for further study.
Physics Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
Phone: 519-824-4120 Ext. 56728
Joint Health & Safety Committee
Phone: 519-824-4120 Ext. 52165
Guelph-Waterloo Physics Institute (GWPI)
- Program Information
- Course Schedule
- How to Apply
- Policies and Procedures (The Red Book)
- Forms (for GWPI students, advisors, and supervisors)
Biophysics Interdepartmental Group (BIG)
- Contact Information for Physics Department Office Personnel
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Graduate Teaching Assistant Job Postings
- Graduate Program Services
- Tuition Fees
- CUPE 3913
- Most City of Guelph information can be found at www.city.guelph.on.ca or by contacting City Hall, 59 Carden Street, Guelph Ont, N1H 3A1
Telephone (519) 822-1260
- Guelph Bus Services
- International Students - study permit renewals
- International Students - student work permits
- International Postdoctoral Fellows - work permits
- SIN Contract Letter
- Where do I get a Social Insurance Number?