The Guelph Physics Department has 15 faculty and offers strong programs in research and teaching to the Ph.D. level. The graduate and research programs are enhanced by participation in the Guelph-Waterloo Physics Institute (GWPI) and the Biophysics Interdepartmental Group (BIG). Guelph faculty members collaborate with many off-campus research institutions including the Perimeter Institute, the Canadian Light Source, and TRIUMF. Experimental and theoretical research areas include biophysics, soft and hard condensed matter, applied, gravitational, subatomic, and atomic and molecular physics, as well as physics education. We offer undergraduate degrees in physics, theoretical physics, and biological and medical physics, as well as in nanoscience and chemical physics (jointly with the Department of Chemistry).
- August 28, 2014
- Congratulations Ryan! John Ryan Westernacher-Schneider successfully defended his MSc thesis
- August 13, 2014
- CPES Undergraduate Poster Session Results
- July 31, 2014
- Emeritus Professor Iain Campbell featured in atGuelph article - "Physicist Receives Grant to Study Red Planet"
- July 30, 2014
- Congratulations Matthew! Matthew O'Halloran successfully defended his MSc thesis
- July 22, 2014
- Congratulations David! David Thomson successfully defended his MSc thesis
- July 15, 2014
- Postdoctoral fellow Irina Pradler and Ph.D student Glynis Perrett participate in "Women's Curiosity Day"
- July 7, 2014
- Congratulations Philippe! Philippe Landry successfully defended his MSc thesis
- June 17, 2014
- Emeritus Professor Iain Campbell received the JARI medal at the 2014 European Conference on X-Ray Spectrometry in Bologna, Italy.