Sorry, there are no faculty vacancies at this time.
Note: GTA job postings and applications have been centralized and are available at the following url: www.uoguelph.ca/sessional_ta/
For a tutorial on how to complete the online application, see TA Application Instructions
For more information contact:
Department of Physics
University of Guelph
Guelph, ON N1G 2W1
NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Assistant vacancies
The Undergraduate Student Research Award (USRA) program provides undergraduate students the opportunity to obtain research experience typically during the summer semester. Students must meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply to the USRA program:
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- Must be registered at the time of application.
- Must have a cumulative average of at least a 'B-' standing (>=70%) during the course of their undergraduate study.
- There are no conditions of financial need.
- All students in eligible bachelor programs at Guelph (including DVM students).
- Have completed at least the first two terms of a bachelor program.
- Not have started a graduate program at the time of the award.
- Be engaged in full-time research during the tenure of the award.
The Undergraduate Research Assistantship (URA) program provides undergraduate students the opportunity to obtain research experience during the SUMMER semester. Students must meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply to the URA program:
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident of Canada residing in Ontario
- Must be a registered student at the University of Guelph in an undergraduate degree program
- Must have a cumulative average of at least a 'B-' standing (>=70%) (departments may have additional academic criteria). This condition may be waived at the discretion of the departmental chair. Student must include a letter waiving the condition by the chair with his/her financial need application to the Student Financial Services
- Must have demonstrated financial need as determined by the submission of a Financial Need Assessment Form
- Submit a URA Financial Need Assessment Form (NAF) to Student Financial Services. NAF application will be available January 10. The process of assessment usually takes about 2 -3 working days and students are notified of their eligibility by email. The deadline to submit the NAF is February 22.
- Must return to study at the University of Guelph in a bachelor program in the fall semester immediately after the employment term (i.e. students cannot be registered in their last semester of their bachelor degree program at the time of application).
- Must be engaged in full-time research during the tenure of the award. However, a student may register as a part-time student at the University (up to 1.0 credits) during the award period at the discretion of the supervisor.
Sorry, there are no other vacancies at this time.