Getting a clearer image with advanced spectroscopy
Volume 2, Issue 2, June 2012
Biophysicists at the University of Guelph's Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Centre are eagerly anticipating the arrival of a highly specialized NMR spectrometer, which will be the first of its kind in Canada and one of only about 10 in the world. This unique instrument will... more »
Department of Physics
University of Guelph
50 Stone Road East
Guelph, ON N1G 2W1
Phone: 519-824-4120 ext. 52261
The Guelph Physics Department has 15 faculty and offers strong programs in research and teaching to the Ph.D. level. The graduate and research programs are enhanced by participation in the Guelph-Waterloo Physics Institute (GWPI) and the Biophysics Interdepartmental Group (BIG). Guelph faculty members collaborate with many off-campus research institutions including the Perimeter Institute, the Canadian Light Source, and TRIUMF. Experimental and theoretical research areas include biophysics, soft and hard condensed matter, applied, gravitational, subatomic, and atomic and molecular physics, as well as physics education. We offer undergraduate degrees in physics, theoretical physics, and biological and medical physics, as well as in nanoscience and chemical physics (jointly with the Department of Chemistry).
- December 2, 2013
- Nanoscience Student Edward Kim attended the National Selection for the "Next 36"
- December 2, 2013
- Emeritus Professor Iain Campbell has been appointed Associate Editor (N. America) of the journal "X-ray Spectrometry"
- November 29, 2013
- Congratulations Drew! Drew Jamieson successfully defended his MSc thesis
- November 25, 2013
- Congratulations Shawn! Shawn Stargardter successfully defended his MSc thesis
- November 15, 2013
- Professor Dutcher's Tier 1 Chair in Soft Matter and Biological Physics has been renewed