Award Winning Researchers
While a small department by research-intensive Universities standards, the Guelph Physics Department projects strength on the national, and international stage as evidenced by our highly awarded faculty:
- Canada Research Chairs: Current - John Dutcher and Carl Svensson (both tier 1), Past - Vladimir Ladizhansky (Tier 2)
- NSERC E.W.R. Steacie Memorial Fellowship: Professor Carl Svensson
- Fellowship of the American Physical Society: Professors John Dutcher and Eric Poisson,
- The Herzberg Medal, Canadian Association of Physicists: Professors Eric Poisson and Carl Svensson.
- NSERC Discovery Accelerator Supplement: Professors Alexandros Gezerlis and Huan Yang
- Ontario Early Researcher Awards: Professors Leonid Brown, John Dutcher, Paul Garrett, Alexandros Gezerlis, Vladimir Ladizhansky, Elisabeth Nicol, Eric Poisson and Carl Svensson.
- Research Innovation Awards, Research Corporation: Professors Leonid Brown and Carl Svensson.
- Cottrell Scholar, Research Corporation: Professor Elisabeth Nicol
- Polanyi Prize in Physics: Professors Elisabeth Nicol and Carl Svensson.
- NSERC Selection Committee and Evaluation Group members: Professors Leonid Brown, John Dutcher, Elisabeth Nicol, Eric Poisson, Carl Svensson, and Vladimir Ladizhansky.